About Ford & Slater Leicester
The Company was founded in 1928 and has a distinguished history as a franchised commercial vehicle dealer.
Ford & Slater was acquired by Peter Strevens in 1991 and the Directors of Ford & Slater comprise Strevens family members and other senior managers.
Certain key milestones in recent years include the following:
- Ford & Slater Norwich relocated to a new £2 million dealership in 2004
- Ford & Slater Corby was opened in 2006
- Ford & Slater Donington relocated to its new Spalding dealership in 2007
- Ford & Slater opened its new Coventry dealership in 2011
- We relocated our Newark dealership to the Currys Newark Vehicle Maintenance Unit in November 2011
- Six ATFs across the group as at Oct 2012.
As a privately-owned company we take a long-term view. The Company owns the majority of its dealerships, profits have been re-invested since 1991 and security of employment is very important.
Our Mission Statement is to exceed our customer’s expectations by offering high quality transport services in an ethical manner at competitive prices.
We will achieve this by utilising the synergies within our dealership group, offering innovative solutions and a “one-stop shop” provided by highly motivated and skilled long-term employees, reinvesting profits to provide modern, safe premises.
DAF Trucks is our only truck manufacturer relationship, consequently our interests are wholly aligned with DAF Trucks unlike other dealers with competing manufacturer relationships. DAF Trucks is a subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacture of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles.
All transactions are subject to our standard conditions of business which can be viewed here - a hard copy is available on request.