LGV Technician - Chesterfield
Old Road, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S40 2RG
Ford & Slater is one of the largest DAF Truck Dealership groups in the UK. With 12 dealerships across the East Midlands and East Anglia, we offer a range of cost-effective transport and finance solutions.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer’s procedures and in a safe and responsible manner.
- Assist in fault diagnosis.
- Road test vehicle when required, subject to licence restrictions.
- Ensure repairs are carried out in accordance with manufacturer standard times.
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs ensure warranty displaced material returned on completion of a repair.
- Assist with good workshop and dealership housekeeping at all times.
- Work with the parts team to ensure the correct replacement parts are fitted to the vehicles.
- Ensure that the company time recording procedures are complied with and job cards write ups are completed accurately.
- Ensure that service sheets are completed as per manufacturer/customer instructions.
- Ensure that all vehicle defects are reported to the workshop supervisor.
- Attend any technical or development training that is made available.
Key Competencies Required:
- Communication – The ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally. Always listens effectively and asks questions to ensure full understanding.
- Teamwork – Works with others to build positive relationships in order to achieve a common goal. Provides and requests support from colleagues where applicable.
- Customer Focus – Clearly understands customer’s needs and delivers effective solutions to match these needs. Effectively resolves customer issues as required and presents a positive image of the company to the customer.
- Flexibility & Adaptability - Have a flexible approach to work commitments and the ability to adapt behaviour and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions or unexpected obstacles whilst maintaining effectiveness.
In return, you can expect to be employed in a safe and professional working environment as part of a committed team, with like-minded individuals and the security of working for one of the largest privately owned Commercial Vehicle dealerships in the UK. You can expect a competitive rate of pay and the chance to progress your career within this dynamic Dealer Group.
Get Job Alerts straight to your inbox