Ford and Slater are one the UK’s largest DAF Truck dealers group with 16 locations from Norwich to Birtley in the North East, employing over 850 staff whilst remaining a family run business. We currently have vacancies for Nightshift HGV Technician's at our Spalding dealership.
As a Nightshift HGV Technician, we can offer you:
- Excellent hourly rate depending on experience
- Overtime at premium rates
- Excellent DAF Training & development opportunities – in house and manufacturer’s
- HGV driving licence training after qualifying period
- 22 days holiday (excluding statutory), rising to 25 days after 5 years service
- Employee Of The Month Competition
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Death in Service Life Insurance Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Who are we looking for as a Nightshift HGV Technician:
- Previous experience working as a Technician / Mechanic within the HGV, Commercial Vehicle, LGV, PSV, Heavy Plant, Car or an associated sector.
- If you are a Light Commercial or Car Mechanic who would like to transfer your skills then we can offer you training to become a HGV Technician.
- Ideally have served a recognised apprenticeship or training programme.
- Qualified to Level 3 (C&G, NVQ or equivalent) in Commercial Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
- Excellent technical knowledge ensuring maintenance and repairs are carried out to manufacturer’s procedures.
- Sound knowledge to accurately diagnosis faults.
- Carry safety inspections and prepare vehicles for MOT's.
- Ability to participate in breakdowns.
- Skills to follow company processes for completing all paperwork including accurate completion of job cards and service records.
- General level of computer literacy is advantageous.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Monday – Friday, 8pm to 6am
The HGV Technician role / responsibilities include (but not limited to):
Servicing and maintaining a wide variety of Trucks and Vehicles. Carry out safety inspections and prepare vehicles for MOT's. Fault Diagnostics. Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer’s procedures and in a safe and responsible manner. Road test vehicle when required, subject to licence restrictions.
Apply today to start your journey with Ford & Slater
No agencies please. It is not always possible to get back individually to each applicant, so if you haven’t received a reply within 21 days, your application has been unsuccessful.